Anyone with any info on new Milgard Mastri Series?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
MDwinshopper

Anyone with any info on new Milgard Mastri Series?

#1 Post by MDwinshopper »

Does anyone have any experience with the new Milgard Mastri series vinyl replacement windows? Milgard's website doesn't list specifics such as U-factor, SHGC, etc. Does anyone know what the mftr. code is for their double hung window in the NFRC product database? Thanks.

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#2 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

I looked at a sample a few weeks ago and the rep told me currently Dayton is making the extrusion for Milgard (seems strange) but the Midwest Milgard wasn't used to all the crazy stuff that goes on here in the Midwest.
I'm referring to bells and whistles like foam in the frame 45% fuel savings pledge, eighteen layers of low-e and on and on, so the window has woodgrain interiors and other components to compete in this market that in the past has not been part of the Milgard line-up.
On the surface it's a sound window and incorporates Super Spacer along with good test results backed by a good co, but is a little pricy and nothing really special. The one I looked at had a woodgrain interior but was pretty rough looking at the welds.