Baltimore Schuco Dealer Experience

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Buffalo21045

Baltimore Schuco Dealer Experience

#1 Post by Buffalo21045 »

We have been gooing through the experience of getting educated and getting bids at the same time so we started off with the heavy advertised brands (RBA and Pella) and recieved our dose of sticker shock. About this time I started reading this and other forums and got some direction. We had Champion and our local power companies home remodeling arm out (BGE Home selling Great Lakes Seabrooke) Prices getting better but questions starting to arise about quality of installation. I fianally started shopping specific window brands and having smaller contractors out. Looked at Alside (wife hated the frame/sash size of the Sheffield, I wasn't impressed with quality of Excaliber) but both contractors very pretty impressive. Then a contractor with Soft-Lite. Nice window, nice contractor, very good price.

And after resisting the urge because of what I've read here about them I called AES the local Baltimore Schuco dealer. Had to see the window and we steeled ourselves for the hard sales pitch. Had recieved the "will both of you be home" push on the phone but this site had forewarned me so OK. The guy came over last night and the sell wasn't too bad. Mostly low key. Couldn't resist the heat lamp demo again. But at long last I got to see the Schuco window and it is just as impressive as you all say. A very good looking window that operates very well and has many great features. I had expected him to be selling the Corona 4000 but the window he showed us and the only window they sell according to him was the Suprema Plus. So it was going well until he gave us his quote. I had expected to pay more for the Schuco than the others but his quote for 11 relatively standard DH (33x63), two small basement sliders (30x18) and a new front door and storm door was 14,400. He says so how does my price compare and I just chuckled and said you are way too high. He was even higher than Pella wood. A little over 1k per window. He asked what prices he was up against and I said the offer that had interested us most was approx. 6,500 for it all. He just packed up said thank you and left.

Loved the window but that was just insulting. I asked here once before and didn't really get an answer so I will ask one last time. Can any of the Schuco dealers that frequent this board point me in the direction of a dealer who will deal with me fairly and not waste my time?

Thanks.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

His bid may have been a couple thousand higher than what some dealers charge for Schuco, but even so you will never get 13 Schuco triple paned windows, a front door, and a storm door for $6500.00
For those prices you need low-midgrade windows and a contractor who doesn't pay a lot to his installers.

Buffalo21045

#3 Post by Buffalo21045 »

I never said I expected to get his windows for the same price I was quoted by others. When he asked I told him what the quote was. I fully expect to pay more for the quality of Schuco windows. As a gauge his quote for the door was 70% higher than the average price I had recieved from the others for an equivalent door. In fact his door was not quite as good. And his price on the storm door was 95% above the average of the other quotes for the same door.

I fully appreciate that the Schuco's will cost more and after seeing them I would give serious consideration to a serious quote. I do not consider his quote a serious attempt to win my business.

windowman pa

Schuco dealers

#4 Post by windowman pa »

:D you have 2 other dealers in MD : American All season in Clarksburg, MD & Quality Windows in Beltsville, MD :D

Buffalo21045

#5 Post by Buffalo21045 »

Thanks Windowman PA. That's what I was looking for.