Milgard Classic Quote - High?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
OyVay

Milgard Classic Quote - High?

#1 Post by OyVay »

I've narrowed my choices to Simonton, Milgard Classic, Certainteed and have decided on Milgard Classic. The quote for 18 windows was about what I thought it would be but after finding this site and looking at other quotes it seems high. What do you think?

Milgard Classic Vinyl inside and out - 14,832
Milgard Classic Vinyl out, wood in - 16,516

We will probably go with a combination of vinyl/wood on the inside (vinyl upstairs and wood downstairs). Fiberglass is an option too but don't know much about it.

We live in the Seattle area where Milgard is based. Thank you so so much for your help.

lruby

#2 Post by lruby »

Hi,

I'm another consumer who is also getting quotes. We got a quote for 28 Milgard Classic windows and 1 sliding glass door. The total was $16,346. So your quote could be high, but I would think it would also depend on what options you may have selected on your windows. We didn't do any extras on this quote, although if we go with this company I would be adding some, which would increase the price. (If we choose Milgard we will use this company. However, we're leaning towards the Simonton 7300 series windows. No final decision yet.) This quote did not include argon between the panes, no double hungs, no double sliders, and no specialty glass. 4 of the windows were quoted with tempered glass - for building code reasons.

Hope this helps you a little.

Lisa