Estimates/Bids/Cost of windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Sabina

Estimates/Bids/Cost of windows

#1 Post by Sabina »

Hello:

I am now in the process of receiving bids for vinyl windows to replace all the single-pane aluminum frame windows I have in my 1950's house. Many of the windows are huge, especially the picture windows in my living room.

Anyway, I have a total of about 2,400 united inches (glass area) in my home. This includes 18 windows and 1 large (8 foot) sliding patio door.

The bids have ranged from $38,000 :shock: to $11,000. The high bid was for the LbL (brand) Window and the low bid was for the CertainTeed. I liked the LbL better than the CertainTeed, but the lowest estimate I was able to get for the LbL Windows was $17,700.

Does anyone know if this sounds way too high for 2,400 united inches for LbL 2000 Series Windows?

Gosh, these Window sales reps are very high-pressure!

windowrep

#2 Post by windowrep »

must not have been too high pressure. you did not buy. i will give everyone now a little piece of advise on how to handle the window sales reps, if you start feeling pressured. and this has nothing to do with sabina. when you are done with the sales reps presentation and you are sure that you dont want that window at that price, just tell the salesmen i do not want that window in my house. end of story, there is nothing he/she can say. that is the hardest objection to buying that someone can overcome. how in the world can i sell you something that you do not want? besides if you feel like you are being pressured that is a poor salesman. or a desperate salesman. oh yeah, now concerning sabina, it would help people here to state where you live{region} how many windows[ not u.i.] and hopefully someone here that is familiar with lbl will help you out. good luck

Sabina

Cost of windows

#3 Post by Sabina »

[quote="windowrep"] it would help people here to state where you live{region} how many windows[ not u.i.] and hopefully someone here that is familiar with lbl will help you out. good luck[/quote]

Hello Windowrep:

Thanks for your reply. I have 18 windows plus an 8-foot sliding patio door. Also, I requested that my kitchen window be replaced with one of those nice "garden windows" that protrudes out and has shelves that you can put plants and/or knick-knacks on.

I live in the Pacific Northwest in Bellevue, WA (near Seattle in the state of Washington). Weather here is rainy but fairly mild. Usually no extremes in cold or hot weather.

Thanks again for the tips on how to handle very aggressive sales reps!

Sabina