Shuco Vs simonton 9800 Vs Sunrise Restorations

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
amathew

Shuco Vs simonton 9800 Vs Sunrise Restorations

#1 Post by amathew »

I have got similar quote for Shuco Corona 4000 with triple pane , Simonton 9800 triple pane with Krypton and sunrise Restorations triple pane with argon. Going by this forum it seems the ranking is like Shuco, Sunrise Restorations then Simonton 9800. The sunrise Krypton filled windows are way expensive and is ruled out. Sunrise claims that it has 27% more viewing glass than the other two and looks sleek. I am inclined towards Shuco, however the loss of glass is a slight concern. Any thoughts.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

27% more glass on what size window? A 18" x 30" salesman's sample doublehung? That statement is misleading because the bigger the window, the lower the difference. On a 54" x 76" window it would be pretty hard to have 27% more glass wouldn't you think?
Also, their casements, awning windows, etc. have no more glass than the rest of the windows out there.
Oh, before you think I'm picking on them....I'm a Sunrise dealer as well as Schuco, so I don't mean to be mean spirited in my comments. I just believe setting up any claim with all the facts up front, not just vague facts that exaggerate the truth.
The Sunrise will not have any more glass on the upper sash width, but on the lower sash there will be 1" total more glass width than most vinyl windows because of the uneven glass sight lines. The center rail is 1/4" narrower than Schuco and some other windows and they do have a slimmer sill than most, which gives more glass at the bottom. If your windows are normal size, any of the 3 would look great. If your doublehungs are real small and a slightly larger glass area is all important to you, then maybe Sunrise or a slim fiberglass window would be a better choice for retaining more glass. Most people here who have had their windows installed would tell you that once their new windows were installed, their major concerns about glass loss were not so major in retrospect.

windowman pa

Equal sight lines

#3 Post by windowman pa »

windows with unequal sight lines look good untill you open, then you'll see your top sash vinyl on both sides! :cry: