Schuco Quote

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
nmchugh6

Schuco Quote

#1 Post by nmchugh6 »

Apparant Schuco incentive is triple pane for cost of double until the end of the month. All windows are between 80 and 90 ui. I received a quote of $465 per window for triple/krypton/low e/half screen. Grids (6 over6) on 4 windows of 14 windows. Anyone have comments?Is this a good quote? Anything I should be concerned about? Also, does anyone either have a copy of Schuco's warranty, know it's important clauses or know if there is a copy anywhere on the internet? (I checked Schuco website but there isn't anything there).
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

InfoSponge

#2 Post by InfoSponge »

Your quote looks fairly low. I would double-check with a couple of references and with the BBB and ask a few installation questions to be sure the installation looks like it will turn out looking and operating nice for you. Sadly, the Schuco web site isn't the best place to go for information. Your dealer will have to give you a copy of the warranty. I don't expect you'll find significant holes in the Schuco warranty compared to other high-end windows. Be sure your installer supplements the Schuco warranty with a labor warranty that lasts a bit longer than you expect to need.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

That's ridiculously low. If they sold these windows at this price all the time, even with free triple, they wouldn't be able to survive in business for long.
Just curious, who is your dealer?

homeowner

#4 Post by homeowner »

no expert here, but i know the answer: go sign now.
man i love my new windows! get them monday!

nmchugh6

#5 Post by nmchugh6 »

Dealer is Monmouth Vinyl Inc., Howell NJ No BBB complaints in 36 months. Rep allowed me to write down addresses of prior clients which I'll check out.

Labor Warranty is lifetime for owner remaining in house. Exclusion language isn't written very well so I have to read that over again.

Regarding install, he described removing some molding on the inside and a piece of wood that butts up against the existing storm and then sliding in the new and caulking (2 times on outside and once inside). There is also a piece of aluminum channel material that runs down the side of the frame (is that the stop)? He didn't explicitly state that too would be removed. My home is stick construction/ vinyl siding. Can anyone tell me what a proper installation should be? I am concerned that the quote is low and I'm wondering if there are short cuts that may explain it.

He also stated that he doesn't have the Schuco warranty. I'm not in the business but I would think enough people ask and want to see one so I would think it's fairly standard for Reps to have these available. Am I off base? And does anyone know how I can get my hands on Shuco's warranty ..in the next few days!
P.S. dealer sells Suprema Plus..is this different from the 4000 model and perhaps that explains the quote?

homeowner

#6 Post by homeowner »

your price is not too low. its simply good and fair which often doesnt happen with schuco. sign on the dotted line NOW!!!! btw, do a search, the suprema is not a lesser window.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#7 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Not unless it's the 2500 series.

nmchugh6

#8 Post by nmchugh6 »

2500 Series? Since i've never heard of it, I'm interested in your willingness to share information. The great majority of Schuco posts are about the Corona, an occasional post about Suprema or Insulsash. I
recall one post about a 3000 model described pretty much as a dinosaur. Please descibe specs that compare to the Corona/Suprema/Insulsash.

nmchugh6

#9 Post by nmchugh6 »

I signed the contract about 1/2 hr ago. Didn't go for the roof and he kept his price of $465 per excluding grids; I'm paying an additional $20 per sash on 8 sashes, 6 over 6. He documented everything I asked for on the contract (Suprema, triple IG, low e; price to include install and capping; no sub-contractors; no material left at curb;1/2 screens).

My only concern is that, other than interior and exterior caulking, there willl be no additional insulation. Rep made it sound like that isn't a problem given only 1/8 inch gap between frame and window. It's stupid of me to ask after signing but should I be concerned?

Thank you everyone for all your willingness to help me with this decision