Schuco Corona 4000 quote

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
greg07054

Schuco Corona 4000 quote

#1 Post by greg07054 »

Hello,
I was hoping someone here can tell if my quote for these windows is a little high. They are Corona 4000 triple pane windows model 5-4. 15 of the windows are of standard size double hung. And one picture window.
The quote came out to 13,500 total and was quoted by MorrisWindow of New Jersey. This seems a bit high to me... ?

Thanks for your input!

windowman pa

Watch Out!

#2 Post by windowman pa »

Greg07054 Watch out when another window company wants you to e-mail him because he has info :oops: It might be a way to SALE you somthing :roll: If you want to know about Morris, check BBB, get names of customers that are in your area :D

windowmannjny

#3 Post by windowmannjny »

windowmanpa, i actually had some helpful info for greg as i told him what i thought of the company but i did it in e-mail form because some of the salemen used to work with me and i did not feel like putting their names on the forum for all to see if it came to that. As far as asking for customers in his area for references in my opinion its a pretty lousy idea, for most companies they will not let you speak with a unhappy customer or one that waited 6 months for their window job to be completed or one that complained from the start that you were 20 minutes late etc. Greg is probably 10 minutes from my house if i could get him a better deal on his schuco windows i thought he might appreciate it.

Bill

#4 Post by Bill »

It’s very difficult to comment on pricing without seeing the installation. A normal installation is when we are removing your typical wood double-hung windows and replacing them without altering the size or function. If this is the case with your installation in my opinion the price is high.

The sizes you listed do not appear to be that of a typical installation. You may want to get other quotes from company’s that handle high end vinyl windows like Alside Preservation, Simonton Impressions 9800 or Great Lakes Uniframe. This will give you a better perspective on pricing.

Bill
Uneeda Window of NJ

GCD52

SCHUCO WINDOW ESTIMATE

#5 Post by GCD52 »

This is for Greg07054, I am the President/CEO of Morris Window and if you would like to speak to me, and get first hand information, my phone # is 973-927-3009 ask for Mr. Damora

Reader

Energy Savings

#6 Post by Reader »

I looked at the Morris Windows website and it says they have a money-back guaranty and that their windows will reduce energy bills by 47%. Does anyone know how that works? I have read that these types of guaranties are not valid, but if this one is, I can see the benefit of spending 800+ per window.

amathew

Search this web site

#7 Post by amathew »

If you live in central NJ , please search this web site for "jersey" and you will get info. about other Shuco dealers doing business around here. You will be surprised to see the huge difference in estimate as I was.

Reader

Energy Savings

#8 Post by Reader »

I see that Morris windows didn't respond to my earlier request as quickly as they did to possibly losing a sales opportunity. So much for "First hand information". Now I'm thinking it's a worthless sales pitch too. Do these companies think consumers are all idiots?

thegrandwazoo

What to look for...

#9 Post by thegrandwazoo »

First off, always be leery of any company regardless of reputation or longevity when they place a number in their ad other than their phone number.

These ads are 100% deceptive. Commonly what’s done is a low number is placed in an ad to entice, catch your eye. The subterfuge lasts only a second to the trained eye once you know what to look for.

Here are the most common:

• Money offered for trade-ins. This is just absurd. There are companies out there that would lead you to believe that you old window they hope to replace has some intrinsic value and they are willing to offer some monetary remuneration for it. Pure hogwash! Your old windows, regardless of how well kept they may be are going to one place and one place only. A dumpster! Old storm windows do have some minor value but solely as scrap. These are just some perks, if you will that the installer, if he/she is so inclined can gather up for a monthly trip to the local junk yard, however with the price of scrap aluminum vs. the cost of gas, this trip is becoming less and less worthwhile.
• A price for a window, usually a low one. $169, $199, pick your favorite number wherein the last 2 digits are 99. A closer look will reveal this price is only good for windows up to 62 united inches. For those who don’t know what united inches are, (Width + Height) a 62 UI windows isn’t big enough to fit into the smallest of bathrooms.
• The other is a disclaimer on a particular model when a low price is advertised. What does model 100 or any other number for that matter mean to John Q. Public? It’s just another ruse to make their phone ring.
• My all time favorite is ads that read, Houses Wanted. Talk about Caveat emptor, you best beware. These ads claim they are looking for 100 houses for either a special promotion or, now get this, last years window model, as if manufactures release windows each model years like automobiles.

Here is what you should look for. Be sure there is a valid address in the ad, a place where you can actually go see their facility. Not a P.O. Box. Be careful here as well because outside vendors other than the US Postal Service offer what appear to be valid addresses but are merely glorified P.O. boxes. If the word Suite appears in the ad, it may be valid, but chances are it’s worth a drive by to make sure.

Their NJ License number, under the new this number must appear in all advertisements of any kinds.

Anther thing to look for is multiple phone numbers often times delineated by counties giving the illusion that they have offices each area they list. These are RCF numbers, or Remote Call Forwarding numbers that all ring at one location.

thegrandwazoo

The price of a window

#10 Post by thegrandwazoo »

In any decision making process it would be wise to research first, gather whatever imperial data from reliable sources as you are able. In the case of windows, NFRC.ORG is a great starting point, in that they offer unbiased information based on physical and highly technical tests for the sole purpose of informing consumers so they can make better fenestration investments.

What one company charges compared to another is not an arbitrary or altruist structure. Companies are in business to make money. Unfortunately the Home Remodeling business has been tainted over the years mainly by hit and run contractors who don’t charge enough for their wares and soon find themselves fiscally impotent because they left out several factors while setting their price. It’s only a matter of time that these low bidders are searching for a chair when the music stops and the only comfort zone they have is the last group of consumers they sold. Inevitably they end up getting the fuzzy end of the lollipop, often times they lose deposits or end with a job half finished and a phone number that’s disconnected.

Reliable Home Remodelers are expensive; there is no way around that. There is no cheap alternative to quality, not just in the product but in the organization that represents it.

When it comes to sales tactics Home Improvement Sales, those who are reputable, have some of the best, as they should. Their job is to get you involved in their product for several reasons. First and foremost, this is how they earn a living. Next is to keep you, the consumer, from being ripped off or sold a lesser quality product that is being offered by the “low bidderâ€