Purchase Windows from Mailers or Local Vendor?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
bhowells

Purchase Windows from Mailers or Local Vendor?

#1 Post by bhowells »

I get mailers all the time with inexpensive window deals. A couple vendors are: Window World and Weather Master. They offer windows, for example, for $238 installed. These are Energy Star Low-E, double pane, argon filled vinyl windows.

Also there is a local dealer who I tried to order some Certainteed Bryn Mawr II's from but he said he has a locally made window that is better. He said he'd sell me the Bryn Mawr II's but thought the local ones were better--he sells them all the time, has been in business for 15 years and rarely has problems with them. Why wouldn't I want to go with either this local vendor or the mailer vendors?

Thanks!

E-Z

#2 Post by E-Z »

Mailers and every type of advertising in this world is designed to get you to call and get a salesman in your house to sell you their windows.About the quality of their product it should be on a case by case basis.

As far as the contractor telling you to order some local windows over Certainteed, thats fine but ask for facts not words, why are they better? have him tell you.

Like someone else said in this board if you are selling a "superior" product show why is better dont just tell it.

Thats my opinion. Also their workmanship is half the battle not just the brand of window.

E-z

bhowells

Thanks

#3 Post by bhowells »

Thanks for taking the time to respond.