Double Pane v. Triple Pane Schuco

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
FenEx

#16 Post by FenEx »

Ok... let's sum it up for the ease of understanding for consumers.

GCD52:"You did not understand the statement, first I said "approx",
Your figures are not even approximate... at their very best they are grossly exaggerated and completely unfounded through science. Did you even look at the 'actual' numbers?

GCD52:"Do you know that a BTU is, I doubt it, so here goes for you know-it-alls."
By your previous post and this one as well, you appear to think you stumbled upon a group of lessor knowledge. You are very mistaken. Do you really wish to compare knowledge and supportive affiliations on home energy efficiency here? I would strongly suggest that you re-think that before re-posting or spend a bit more time studying first.

GCD52:"So where you live means nothing, the laws of physics are the same every where, single, double or triple."
Where you live means alot. The purpose of home improvement is just that... improving someone's home at an equal or better value to them, not you. Double-pane, triple-pane, Low-E, dbl Low-E, Krypton vs. Argon, all have their proper places where they become cost-worthy or value-worthy to a homeowner. What you are grossly ignoring is the payback to the consumer for THEIR specific home, which 'you' obviously have no way of determining the greatest sources of heat loss/gain and therefore no way of providing the best solutions... for them. Others, even some of us here, do however have that ability. If you want to know how, it will cost you.

GCD52:"What I can prove is DOUBLE GLASS DOES BARELY NOTHING, ....NOTHING, IF YOU WANT THE PROOF, IT WILL COST YOU, I NEED TO RECOUP THE COLLEGE DAY FUNDS"
Based on the information you have provided and how off it is, you should ask your college for a refund to recoup the costs. We are not nieve sales trainees or customers, prove your point. We all (including you), know you can't.

GCD52
I will not even address all the details of your first post on this thread as anyone that looks at the actual numbers will understand your value as a poster here and your lack of knowledge. For one example, most homes have severe air-infiltration/exfiltration problems, in these cases, the R or U-values of building materials (including windows) are negated as the OTHER principles of thermodynamics take charge. Do you know what those are and how a home actually works as a system???

For those of you that are now confused on what to believe, you may verify the information I and others have given and find other Certified and Accredited individuals educated in building science through the following websites:

EPA.gov
DOE.gov
Energystar.gov
Natresnet.org
BPI.org
...just to name few... and it "Won't cost you a dime", but it will give you additional reliable resources to teach you how you can reduce energy costs in your home effectively.

High performance windows "can" be a huge benefit in many ways, but you can determine this scientifically and without guessing or following sales pitches. Pay special attention to companies offering pledges to save you a high percentage without testing your house first to see what the improvements will actually provide.