Lansing Windjammer v. Alside Sheffield

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
crockett

Lansing Windjammer v. Alside Sheffield

#1 Post by crockett »

I have appreciated many thoughtful posts here, and am looking for a little information. I have read a fair amount of comments on the Alside Sheffield, but nothing on the windows I am trying to compare.

Getting my windows replaced, and one company put together two proposals for me on the replacement of 24 windows. The Sheffields are nearly $2K more than the Windjammers. I can't seem to find any info on the Windjammers (Lansing). Could anyone in the know share some thoughts?

Paneless

Windjammer

#2 Post by Paneless »

crockett

The Windjammer 2000 at first glance appears to be the achetypical "Cheap Plastic Hollow Vinyl Window". Which one are you looking at, they have a Series 10, 40, 60 & 80.

Neither Lansing nor Windjammer is listed with the NFRC which should raise a red flag.

Before pulling the trigger on the Alside, get he product line number and get the facts from NFRC.ORG. Depending on your needs pay attention to the U Value of the window while doing your comparison shopping.

Good luck

Paneless

Correction

#3 Post by Paneless »

Lansing is just a distributor/supply house.

crockett

#4 Post by crockett »

Thanks for your remarks Paneless! The Windjammer in question is the 80 series. If Lansing is merely a supplier, then they are buying someone else's windows, and just sticking their name on it?