schuco glass question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
seamaster

schuco glass question

#1 Post by seamaster »

hi again, i'm almost there but have a few more questions. does anyone know if the 4000 window is available with a laminated glass option? it appears from their website their hurricane zone window is, but what about the 4000? one dealer i spoke with said no, but double strength glass is, which would help address one of my priorities (noise). strike two against them. also, does a bbb report exist for the manufacturing plant in CT? thank you for any response.

WindDoze

#2 Post by WindDoze »

The Hurricane Zone window is the 4000 with laminated glass. It is an available option -- whether your dealer knows or realizes it or not. As for the BBB report, you should check out your local dealer -- not necessarily the manufacturer as its the dealer who you'll be having direct contact with.

Paneless

BBB

#3 Post by Paneless »

FYI: A BBB report does exist for the manufacturer but in the case of Schuco-USA the blemishes that may appear are a carry over of the company they bought out 7 years ago called Homecraft. I believe they rectified the report but some outstanding derogatoriness did exist as of a year ago.

I do concur that you should check on the dealer in your area.