Did HOME DEPOT Install your windows ?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
mikey105

Did HOME DEPOT Install your windows ?

#1 Post by mikey105 »

I am moving forward on purchase of replacement windows from Home Depot (Simonton Series 6500 windows). Although they seem a bit high in price I am more concerned with their installing subcontractors. I have read a lot of info on this forum that SUBS do better work because that is the only kind of work they do, day in and day out, and they are not doing roofing or other kinds of contractor work. I have also read that the lowest price SUBS are the ones that get the work, so their expertise may not be as good.

If you have had Home Depot install your windows, I would love to hear about how the job went, if you were satisfied with the work, would you choose them again for more window installations, if you had problems how quickly were they handled and how satisfied were you with the repairs. I would especially appreciate hearing from folks that chose the 6500 Simonton windows and if they now feel that was the right choice.

windowmannjny

#2 Post by windowmannjny »

what city & state are you in? if its Jersey i may be able to help you pick out a good installer for home depot as i know a few of them

mikey105

#3 Post by mikey105 »

I'm out on the left coast ... Portland Oregon

earwax

#4 Post by earwax »

Home Depot subs out the install themselves. YOu buy the windows from HD and they contract with a few local contractors to do the work. You could do better. I hope the buffer of HD pays off for you.