alside vs. seaway

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tammy1conway

alside vs. seaway

#1 Post by tammy1conway »

we are replacing 15 windows in our house. i've done my shopping around and have my contractor narrowed down to two companies. one sells Alside, the other sells Seaway. on paper, they both seem to be about the same quality. any one have any thoughts on which is the better window and why? [/i][/b]

windowrep

#2 Post by windowrep »

TAMMY
nice to see someone from cleveland. alot depends on which alside window you are being quoted on. they make six different windows. the seaway is a bottom end window usually reserved for apartments or rental properties. alsides upper lines are decent not great windows. if you plan on staying in your house for a while i would be careful with their lower lines. have you received quotes on anything besides alsides and seaway? good luck

green1320

#3 Post by green1320 »

Windowrep just wondering why you do not like the seaway windows? I am looking at their line and just wanted some advise. Thanks

windowrep

#4 Post by windowrep »

have only installed about 150 or so of these windows but have tore out and replaced quite a few more than that. if you are paying around $350 a piece installed it is an alright middle of the road window. anything more than that and you can do better in the quaility aspect. their air infiltration numbers are rather low and the vinyl frames did alot of twisting after a few years. this caused uneven revels therefore very noticeable drafts. this was 5-6 years ago however so maybe they fixed the problems. good luck