Harvey Classic same as Harvey Regency?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
riddlewh

Harvey Classic same as Harvey Regency?

#1 Post by riddlewh »

In getting quotes, one place is quoting the "Harvey Regency" window to us. To compare apples to apples, we asked another dealer for a quote on the same window. What he said was the Harvey Regency is the Harvey Classic, but Harvey allows dealers to give it the name of Regency if they only carry Harvey Windows. This dealer carries Harvey, Silver Run, and Alside so can't call it the Regency.

Is this true?

Thanks

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

I wouldn’t be afraid to call Harvey or send and e-mail and ask them; If the tell you they are different windows ask how. You may find that they are the same window but the Harvey exclusive dealer may have access to a glass system or color that the less committed company does not.

The only pro on this board that has any real knowledge of Harvey is Mass Window Guy and I haven’t seen him post in a while.

Bill
Uneeda Window of NJ

riddlewh

#3 Post by riddlewh »

I did send them an email since I didn't see the Regency window on their site. I was hoping someone here might have an idea too. :)

riddlewh

#4 Post by riddlewh »

This is what Harvey had to say:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Regency Window.

This window is manufactured as part of our "private label" program which
is offered to a select group of pre-qualified contractors only. The
Regency window can be closely compared to our Classic window, however
with enhancements not available to the general contractor base. For
example an extended warranty and an accidental glass breakage warranty.
Also a glazing option called ATG4 which is double low-e glass with
Krypton gas.

PK

#5 Post by PK »

I install Harvey Classics very often. It is a quality window. FYI double low E is availible on the classic window as well. Classics also come with a comparable warranty from harvey, but you should look to see what kind of warranty the installer is offering in addition. Cant go wrong either way you go with the Harvey

riddlewh

#6 Post by riddlewh »

Yes, we are going with the Harvey Classic in the Low e/Argon option.