Good non-wood casement manufacturers???

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ft_ball_fn

Good non-wood casement manufacturers???

#1 Post by ft_ball_fn »

HI,

I'm replacing 28 wood casement windows w/casements--many are big (25x68 or a little smaller). We want tanish exterior/interior, we'll be here till we're dirt (3 young kids) & want to do this once/right.

Simonton 9800 seems popular on the board--but Simonton only shows Generations and Prism lines sold in Detroit on its site [no 9800]--are Generations & Prism good casement windows?

What about Marvin (sell no wood casements?), Milguard?, Alside (Sheffield from reading the board--but doesn't come in casement)... Others? Does Schuco make casements & sell in Detroit? I filled the form on their site to find a dealer---no response.

RBA - screens in the showroom were crappy--didn't seal to the window--wouldn't keep bugs out... we already have that problem--no thanks (actually decent price-nice looking, but want better performance too).

Paradigm had a great price/good NFRC #'s--However the demo had HUGE lips on it at the corner welds--like they didn't grind it down/finish it after welding. Can't find any opinions on them here.

"Superior Seal" out of Canada was $17,800+ again couldn't find anything about them--and they had second highest price (Home Depot $23,000)

I'd really appreciate any help (including referrals if you know of anyone who sells&installs).

thanks!
Brian