Question for Bill at Uneeda Window

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Ken

Question for Bill at Uneeda Window

#1 Post by Ken »

Do you know if you can order the Super Spacer system for the Simonton Profinish Contractor windows. A builder I am considering for a house we're having built said that's an option that can be ordered with that window line. I got sort of a confirmation from Simonton Headquarters when I called, but the customer service person wasn't that familiar with all the options for the Profinish line.

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

Ken:

Yes you can get Super Spacer in the ProFinish Contractor Window after the addition of Low-e/Argon.

Be sure to upgrade the standard roll formed screen frame to the extruded screen frame; this is an inexpensive upgrade and well worth it.

Bill

Ken

#3 Post by Ken »

Bill wrote:Ken:

Yes you can get Super Spacer in the ProFinish Contractor Window after the addition of Low-e/Argon.

Be sure to upgrade the standard roll formed screen frame to the extruded screen frame; this is an inexpensive upgrade and well worth it.

Bill
Bill thanks for the reply. Does that mean then that the IGU is increased from a 3/4" to 1" unit if you upgrade to the Super Spacer?

Bill

#4 Post by Bill »

Ken:

The glass will remain ¾â€

Ken

#5 Post by Ken »

[quote="Bill"]Ken:

The glass will remain ¾â€

Bill

#6 Post by Bill »

Yes you can get Super Spacer on a window that large; interestingly I checked the largest standard size for a picture window in the ProFinsih line 77â€

Ken

#7 Post by Ken »

[quote="Bill"]Yes you can get Super Spacer on a window that large; interestingly I checked the largest standard size for a picture window in the ProFinsih line 77â€