The Best Value in Replacement Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tj

The Best Value in Replacement Windows

#1 Post by tj »

Hi - I live in Northern California (South Bay) and was wondering what brand of windows to go with. My General Contractor recommended Superior, and another GC had recommended International. We have looked at Milgard but are concerned about the looks (both the classic and Styleline) seem to have issues. Have looked at ThermaStar (sold at Lowes). I have 16 windows (some are pretty large) plus a Garden Window and an 8' patio door. Which windows would you recommend? I am looking to keep the price below $11-12K. This would be for a retro-fit.

Thanks

joe123

#2 Post by joe123 »

You may want to look at CertainTeed windows. They are very good looking from the outside. Even sight lines.

I am doing it myself and saving a fortune. Also, shop around for on-line prices as they are all over the place.

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

Look at the Jeld-Wen premium line if you are doing retrofits. They are a nice window at a good price. They to come with even sight lines and have the simulated divided lite option that looks really sharp.

International is a decent brand, but there are better out there. The price you a shopping for is high for the brands you are mentioning. South bay, look at Able Glass, Bay City WIndows, Argunaut windows. If you are willing to deal with a lumber yard, look at Dolans in Burlingame or 84 Lumber in San Leandro.