Gorell 5305 v/s Schuco Corona 4000

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ledcat

Gorell 5305 v/s Schuco Corona 4000

#1 Post by ledcat »

Hello all, I'm replacing 8 double hung windows and I believe I've narrowed the choice to the Gorell 5305 and the Schuco Corona 4000. I have looked at Sunrise, Simonton 5500, and Seaway Encore as well. The Gorell has the Thermal Master 3 triple pane package in white. The schuco is also triple pane, krypton, tps, white. I received prices for these windows from the same contractor with a replacement vinyl siding quote. Gorell = $ 3900.00, the Schuco = $3825.00. I wanted to ask what your general opinion is on the windows and their price. I know from reading alot of the posts that everyone seems to be big on the schuco windows. Will I loose less glass area with the schuco windows? From the pictures provide by window4u the frame is smaller on the schuco than the gorell. Does that translate to more glass area? Is there an additional price for grids, the schuco price included grids? Also, does the schuco window come with a lifetime warranty on the entire window? I was suprised that the schuco came in a little less than the gorell. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

JScott

#2 Post by JScott »

Most would agree that you have 2 of the top windows pinned down. My opinion- either, pick the one you like best as long as it is professionally installed. You will not go wrong with either product. Emphasis on installation would be my deciding factor.

Paneless

Question...

#3 Post by Paneless »

Double or Triple Glass?

pinnenergy

#4 Post by pinnenergy »

I agree.... Both good. The only thing Gorell may have is that they have the Energy star partner of the year for the 3rd year again this year. Installation is the key.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

What benefit to the homeowner does an advertising award have? Both windows are Energy Star Approved, right?

Once again, lets look at the two side by side for an unbiased look.

Gorell 5300

Schuco4000

Gorell 5300

Schuco 4000

Gorell 5300

Schuco 4000