nusash casement windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
calvinsff

nusash casement windows

#1 Post by calvinsff »

My dad is having nusash install windows, but we have some problems with the windows and how they are being installed.

Most of the new windows are casements, just like the old ones. The problem is the way they fit. it looks like the window is small because the new windows sit inside the space where the old window was. that is to say the bottom of the casing is on the stool and so the bottom of the handle is about 2 inches above the stool. the locks are also in from the sides. is this normal for this type of installation? it looks crappy because there is SO much vinyl visible and the amount of glass has been significantly decreased by about 3 inches on all sides.

I'm also a bit concerned about the quality of the work, especially for the price. We got a quote of around $18,000 for 14 casement, 3 large sliding and 1 picture window. That seems high to me, but we expected a quality job. Not all of the sides of the aluminum that was put up on the outside is caulked the trim they put on the inside, which covers the gap where you see insulation, doesn't line up very well.

Is this a typical job or are we getting taken? having never had windows replaced, please give me some feedback.

calvinsff

#2 Post by calvinsff »

In case my description wasn't clear, here is a picture: