help me decide on windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
runningmark

help me decide on windows

#1 Post by runningmark »

I hope someone can help me. I'm trying to decide between 2 manufacturers. I live in Arizona and I received 2 estimates.The estimate was for 7 windows and one sliding glass door.One from Home Depot on their Simonton 6400 windows for $8000. The other from a local contractor using Weather Shield, I think the model is Desert Classic or Visions 2000 for $10,800. Both vinyl here for the heat. Both low e, argon, dual pane and grids. The price doesn't matter too much. If the Weather shield is a better window, then I don't mind spending the extra money. I've been searching for info and haven't found much so if anyone has some I would really appreciate it.
Thanks Mark

randy

#2 Post by randy »

The Simonton windows are far better than the WeatherShield vinyl windows. WeatherShield's vinyl window is nothing more than an inexpensive way for the company to grab some new construction business that they can't get with their wood windows.

As to getting them installed by Home Depot.....that's a questionable choice in itself. They may have some good sub-contractors, but they typically have far more hacks working for them. Why not look for a local contractor who offers the Simonton line and see if you can get a good price with professional installation?