Stanek vs Soft-Lite

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
baddog

Stanek vs Soft-Lite

#1 Post by baddog »

I have quotes from Stanek and Soft-Lite (Cleveland area). Stanek is much more and has a better warranty...but is the price difference worth it? Both are for double pane glass, low E, argon. Soft-Lite is for the Imperial brand. Anyone have experience in this? Also, Stanek advertises unplasticized PVC (uPVC) as opposed to Plasticized PVC. Is the uPVC better?

windowrep

#2 Post by windowrep »

i bid against both companies all the time and i am very familiar with both products. stanek in my experience should be around $700 per window and soft-lite, around $500. staneck is a much better quality window as you have seen. if it is worth the price difference that is a question only you can answer. i am not a big fan of soft-lite just because they rebrand windows for a bunch of different companies in our area. i am sure you see the tv commercials around cleveland all the time. buy how many get this many free? stanek however sells manufacturers and installs there own windows. they do not sell to contractors, remodelers ect. good luck in your decision and go browns!

pinnenergy

better

#3 Post by pinnenergy »

uPVC is better becasue it keeps it's luster longer. It is not 200.00 better though. I assure you that going with a better window and warranty will pay dividends in the future.