Gorell 5305 or Sunrise Restorations

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
fatboy

Gorell 5305 or Sunrise Restorations

#1 Post by fatboy »

I am looking to replace 24 double hung windows and received quotes for both the Gorell 5305 Triple Pane with grids and Krypton and for the Sunrise Restorations triple pane with grids and Krypton. The Sunrise quote is about $2500 more than the Gorell this includes wrapping from both contractors.

Is the Sunrise window a better window than the Gorell and if so is it $100 a window better?

pinnenergy

Gorell

#2 Post by pinnenergy »

Gorell is a much better window in my opinion. I would go with the Gorell in my house. They just won the national Energy Star partner of the year again for the 3rd year in a row.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Yes, and Sunrise just won the Crystal Achievement Award for the third staight year....

The Sunrise Restorations is also a pultruded fiberglass reinforced window with many more options.
While anyone's opinion of what window is a better window is purely subjective and may be based on personally working with the product, I see the Restorations as a much nicer looking and higher quality offering than the Gorell 5300, which by the way I have sold many of.