Man, These Simonton 9800's are Nice . . .

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Alacoyote

#16 Post by Alacoyote »

Thanks, mikey105. I appreciate your thoughts and am glad that my posts sparked some helpful discussion. I, too, am grateful to Randy, Window4U, Bill, Fenex and all the other seasoned pros who contribute to this discussion board; I would have been lost without them. I'll still check in occasionally to see if anyone has requested the benefits of my window-buying experience and to enjoy the responses of the above-mentioned folks to the not-so-subtle "homeowners" who dare challenge their knowledge.

I hope you enjoy your new windows as much as we are enjoying ours. The A/C has actually kicked off during the middle of a hot day for the first time since ... ever and with Fall weather approaching, we'll be able to enjoy opening some windows without administering a karate kick to the sash to free it from binding (my wife actually did this once, causing a broken pane and a cut toe!). :wink:

JScott

#17 Post by JScott »

Alacoyote,
A breath of fresh air for all of us who actually care about what we do. I am so glad you are happy.

Window4U,
Don't loose any sleep over your customer woes. We rarely have this but I know how you feel. Here is what I suggest. On 1 page, type procedure at top then number down the side. #1 remove crappy windows, #2 install really good windows, #3 foam around the windows, #4 slap metal on the exterior, #5 Collect check. PS, if you have the time or feel up to it, check the units for plumb level and square.
Then next time, go out to the truck, grab the procedure and go over it with the horses asses. You might even come up with your own and have two, 1 for basic customer and 1 for executive customer. Then tell them they are getting the executive install. :lol:

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#18 Post by Window4U (IL) »

LOL.....actually everything worked out without too much pain. I think they finally realized I knew what I was doing after seeing the brickmold wrapping job and the final product.
I think many times a customer sees the windows before they are wrapped and gets nervous because of the unfinished look. They just don't understand the miracles we work with metal and just how nice the windows will look when we are done.

That said, they can hire someone else for the siding they want. FenEx, I have a great customer for you............ :D

JScott

#19 Post by JScott »

Window4U,
I am glad you enjoyed my offbeat humor. Many do not take it as well. Life is too short and humor, well its free. Our business is a serious one especially when any joe is competent enough to install windows, hey?