AMI and CitySash?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
mst3kguy

AMI and CitySash?

#1 Post by mst3kguy »

Hi there,

A salesman for CitySash (Cincinnati, OH) just stopped by our house. Gave us the speech how he could give us a discount if we'd let them keep a sign in our yard and use us for a reference, yada yada. Despite us living halfway down a dead-end street and having grass that's going brown, he claimed to pick us because of our landscaping and wanting to get good advertising. Okay, whatever.

For 14 standard double-hung windows, triple-pane, Krypton gas, vinyl, fusion welding, tilt-in, he first cited NuSash as having a full retail price of $14,140 and Eagle of $13,265. He stated normally his price would be $11,360 but could give us a price of $6999 installed, only thing not included is tax. This price was for their top-of-the-line windows.

I confirmed they're registered with the BBB, members of the BBB care program. He also showed me a copy of his license for insurance for the installers.

I did a search for AMI (American Materials Incorporated) and CitySash, but didn't find anything. I don't like the whole "this is only good for 48 hours stuff", but I can't find a chink in their armor to confirm they're scamming, other than just high pressure sales. $7000 for 14 windows comes to $500 on the button (gee, imagine that).

Is this on par? Anyone have an info on either companies?

Thanks!

Dean
Cinicnnati, OH

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

It's all just "closing" techniques taught in sales seminars these guys go to. Much of the industry feels that this method is the only way to make a sale, and it's been that way for a long time.
Many of us feel otherwise and think it is an outdated way to conduct business and needs to change. But, homeowners seem to fall for all the gimmicks like chickens on a june bug....so it continues as the prevalent way many companies do business.

mst3kguy

#3 Post by mst3kguy »

understood. like i said, dude came up and said he "picked" our house because he liked our landscaping, and wants advertising. i didn't want to call b.s. that our lawn is getting brown and we live halfway down a cul-de-sac.i wasn't in the mood to be a jerk. all this aside, curious on how in line prices are, and the sales company and product line company.

thanks!

dean
cincinnati

sandrade

city sash

#4 Post by sandrade »

I bought windows from City Sash,LLC with the promotional home program. I not only was pleased with the price but the product and the installers were great...I found the price comparable to the other companies in the area. So as for as your concerns about their sales techniques no need....For further reference check out their web site customers have posted comments and they look pretty good plus they are 1 of the best home improvement companies with the BBB...

mst3kguy

Re: city sash

#5 Post by mst3kguy »

sandrade wrote:I bought windows from City Sash,LLC with the promotional home program. I not only was pleased with the price but the product and the installers were great...I found the price comparable to the other companies in the area. So as for as your concerns about their sales techniques no need....For further reference check out their web site customers have posted comments and they look pretty good plus they are 1 of the best home improvement companies with the BBB...
hah. well, after dude said this was a 24-hour promotion, and i said nah baby nah, i need to check this out if i'm gonna be throwing $5k his way, he said okay, how 'bout 48 hours, i said that's fine, so we agreed he'd call me to pursue the deal. well, guess what.

one month later, haven't heard a word from them. i guess he met his quota, oops, i mean got so busy with other jobs that he forgot to call me back. that's okay, they annoy us about once per year, i'll be prepared to mess with them better next time.

-dn

mst3kguy

#6 Post by mst3kguy »

sandrade wrote:I bought windows from City Sash,LLC with the promotional home program. I not only was pleased with the price but the product and the installers were great...I found the price comparable to the other companies in the area. So as for as your concerns about their sales techniques no need....For further reference check out their web site customers have posted comments and they look pretty good plus they are 1 of the best home improvement companies with the BBB...
you sound just like the salesman for citysash when he was at my house.

-dn

sandrade

#7 Post by sandrade »

mst3kguy wrote:
you sound just like the salesman for citysash when he was at my house.

-dn
I am the type of person that when I believe in a product and company I will PRAISE them. I believe in my Chevy car so great mileage and service praise to them. If that makes me sound like a salesperson for Chevy and a salesperson for City Sash well so be it I would be proud to sale and promote thier product.

researcher

#8 Post by researcher »

[quote="sandrade"]I bought windows from City Sash,LLC with the promotional home program. I not only was pleased with the price but the product and the installers were great...I found the price comparable to the other companies in the area. So as for as your concerns about their sales techniques no need....For further reference check out their web site customers have posted comments and they look pretty good plus they are 1 of the best home improvement companies with the BBB...[/quote]

I see this with you.

The tactics, techniques and gimmicks the salesmen uses does not stand is the way of the bottom line, which is the price, product, service and warranty.

The technique the salesman from City Sash used was not trying to over charge, but to entice. It sounds as if the bottom ended up being good one.

I had a window salesman start a $36,000, but if you act now, I will do it for $25,000. I did not bite. But some weeks later, he came down to $18,000, but by then, I decided I did not want that particular brand of window for a variety of reasons. But if the bottom line ended up being a good one, I would have still go with it, even though the salesman tried to over charge me. After all, I was shopping for windows, not personalities.