window world

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
okjoe

window world

#1 Post by okjoe »

Hey All, Am replacing old windows and need some advice. Are the window world new series 4000 windows a good window. the u and shgc numbers look ok and the air factor is down to .04.

any help would be appreciated

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: window world

#2 Post by masterext »

Its a .08 not .04. Its still flimsy, its basically the excalibur but with a different sill.
I would expand my search.

okjoe

#3 Post by okjoe »

masterext, thanks for the reply. After reading some posts on here I am trying to find some dealers for Softlite and sunrise here in oklahoma. Okna does not have a dealer or installer here. no reply from polaris yet. Any others i should look into? Anybody know some good installers/dealers here in Ok?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

That is probably outside of where Soft-Lite covers these days.

Kensington Quantum II is a good one as is the Home Guard Innovations.

I am with masterext after having looked at the revised Alside product.

Definitely a step in the right direction but still a ways to go and it did feel a bit malleable in the hand.

fridge2020

#5 Post by fridge2020 »

Windows on Washington wrote: and it did feel a bit malleable in the hand.

I agree with the other guys, that new unit is still not up to par. Low end window that has made some improvements, but it is still the same product at its core. You get what you pay for in this case.
You are on the right track with your other choices.

okjoe

#6 Post by okjoe »

Thanks for the info. Hey WOW I did find a softlite dealer in Tulsa, he will be out next week. Also found a sunrise and simonton dealer. am getting quotes on all next week. Will report back on pricing and product. the sunrise dealer say they use the Restoration series. I looked around a little and it sounds like a good window.

Thanks again for the info. When I first started did not know jack about windows, there sure is a whole lot of stuff to learn.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

okjoe,

Good to hear that. Let us know how it goes.

okjoe

#8 Post by okjoe »

Update. I went ahead with the Softlite Imperial LS on all windows. 14 double hung, 2 picture and 3 casements. Were installed last week and everything looks great. The only complaint I have is that I lost some glass area on the double hungs but oh well. I should have gone with the casements where it would make a difference. There is a noticeable temp difference in the kitchen in the afternoon when the sun is shining directly on the windows. It also seems quieter and just more stable somehow.

Thanks to WOW, mastertext and all you pros who sent me in the right direction and let me know what questions to ask. Your help was priceless and helped me avoid a big mistake. I think it was money well spent. Do it right and you only have to do it once.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

In all seriousness...posts like this are the reason that we do this. We really do love hearing of these happy endings.

:D :D :D :D

trice001

#10 Post by trice001 »

Just bought a house with some Window World windows in it thinking that "Good. I don't have to mess with the windows as they have been done already."

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!

Either the windows...or the install...are complete garbage. These things leak air like they are open and the install make me think the guys eyes were like this...

Good grief.

HomeSealed

#11 Post by HomeSealed »

Sorry to hear that trice, unfortunately you may be dealing with a combination of issues there. When you have an equation that reads: low cost labor + low cost product = low price to consumer, it is hard to get high quality in the end...

NuSash

#12 Post by NuSash »

"Either the windows...or the install"

The Window World empire is a franchise model, thus their can be a wide spectrum of installation talent from store to store. Its not like Burger King that mandates to every franchise owner how they have to cook the food.
NuSash
installing windows since 1934

Double Hung

#13 Post by Double Hung »

The Window World Empire doesn't seem to be quite the marketing juggernaught it was a few years back.
DOUBLE HUNG Window Company
windows that go up, and down!