Burris windows vs. Don Young

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Tiffg80

Burris windows vs. Don Young

#1 Post by Tiffg80 »

I am currently in the process of quoted out replacing the 15 windows in my house. So far I am considering 2 companies and I am unsure how to come to a decision. They are within $1500 of each other and I can't seem to find a y negative reviews on either. One of them installs a vi you Don young window with Guardian's 5527 Low-E glass and the other installs a Burris LowE 366 window. I an new to this and both windows seem about the same. The company that installs the Don Young installed my moms windows but used NT windows. They claim that the 2 are comparable but I am unsure. Does anyone have any experience getting windows installed in the Houston area? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. The two companies are Ultra Windows and Doors and Exclusive Windows & Doors.

Thanks!

Windows on Washington

Re: Burris windows vs. Don Young

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Don Young window has been produced for over 20 years and is well proven with the reinforcement in your climate.

Which company did the install on your Mother's home?

Once you drive down on the comparison on the windows, have you compared how companies actually do the installation?

I will tell you that Ultra is a top flight company and I have trusted his installers with my own family's home. If I trust them with my family's home, I think that probably speaks volumes.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 on Windows on Washington's comments. I can't say that I have installed either of those units, however I've seen nothing but positive feedback on the Don Young unit, and Ultra is an excellent choice for the install.

Tiffg80

#4 Post by Tiffg80 »

Ultra did the install on my parents house and they did a great job. How do the NT Energy masters compare to the Don Young and Burris? Is anyone familiar with those?

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

The guys at Ultra are probably you best source of information on the Texas specific window.

I do know that the Don Young product is well proven and has been around for a good long while.