Need help selecting replacement windows in Phoenix AZ

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
azbarbarar

Need help selecting replacement windows in Phoenix AZ

#1 Post by azbarbarar »

Can someone please recommend a replacement window company here in Phoenix. I have spoken to Republic West, Triple Pane and Windows, Doors & More. But my head is spinning from their sales people. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Skydawggy

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

You should do some research and find out what brands are available in your area. If I lived in Phoenix, I'd be looking at triple pane glass with Krypton gas. Simonton, Gorell and Schuco are popular and have a good reputation as do other manufacturers. You could also start by getting some information on energy efficiencies at:

www.nfrc.org

and structural info at

www.aamanet.org

You should be able to get links to the manuf. websites and you can then find out if they are available in Phoenix.

Once you find out what brands are available, come back and we will try and answer your questions.

RVEXLER

#3 Post by RVEXLER »

You live in a cooling dominated climate so the lower the shgc the better. Click on this link to get access to the efficient windows organization specific window recommendations for phoenix, arizona (page 4).

http://www.efficientwindows.org/factsheets/Arizona.pdf

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#4 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

I'm not sure you can get Schuco that far west, but I am sure you don't need triple glaze as a good double will perform as well in your climate at less cost.

Skydawggy

#5 Post by Skydawggy »

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY wrote:I'm not sure you can get Schuco that far west, but I am sure you don't need triple glaze as a good double will perform as well in your climate at less cost.
I completely disagree with this statement. Considering what the cost of elect. and gas will be in the future, I can't think of a better location for a triple pane glass window where the need for a low SHGC and U value is extremely important.