Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Andersen VS Alside Replacement windows
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:53 pm 

I live in Maryland and would like to find out if Andersen or Alside is a better replacement window. Also, if somecone is aware of dealers offereing good deals on replacement windows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:58 am 

that is a pretty broad question and the two windows will be light years away on a price comparison.

Dollar for dollar, the Excalibur will probably serve you much better and has a better warranty.

You need to expand your search beyond just those two. If you are willing to pay Renewal prices...there are some very nice vinyl windows that fall well below that number that you will get charged for Andersens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:34 am 

Thank you very much for the information. I would certainly like to know about the other windows. I read the consumer report and for wood-clad Andersen was the winner and for vinyl it was American Craftsman from Home Depot.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:06 am 

Take that consumer reports and throw it in the trash. Browse around this board and you will find what you need to know.

I hesitate to recommend any windows specifically for fear that I be labeled a self-promoter to the windows that I carry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:53 pm 

Windows on Washington wrote:
I hesitate to recommend any windows specifically for fear that I be labeled a self-promoter to the windows that I carry.

Don't worry about that, ..say what you carry. That info is worth something to the people who read your posts. If they trust your advice, they may also trust your judgment. That's reflected in part by the products you offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:20 pm 

Window4U (IL) wrote:
Windows on Washington wrote:

Don't worry about that, ..say what you carry. That info is worth something to the people who read your posts. If they trust your advice, they may also trust your judgment. That's reflected in part by the products you offer.

Point taken. I will do so from now on. You and I have similiar inventories I suspect as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:36 pm 

what is your recommendation? Wood clad or vinyl? and the brands for replacement windows? I browsed tje reviews and I am not too sure about the brands or the type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:55 pm 

gdatta wrote:
what is your recommendation? Wood clad or vinyl? and the brands for replacement windows? I browsed tje reviews and I am not too sure about the brands or the type.

Wood clad vs. vinyl are typically decisions of aesthetics and material choice requirements. Those two are not in the running when you are considering energy efficiency or price for that matter.

The money that you will spend on a wood clad vinyl, you could get the best vinyl window installed and be light years ahead on energy efficiency and durability.