Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332


All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Northwest Florida Window Question
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:10 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:40 pm
Posts: 5
Offline
I just met with the sales reps from Majors Home Improvement and Folkers Window company. Majors was pushing the Silverline 8500 and
Folkers was backing the Stanley 8500. From my research they are the same window and they don't have good reviews. Am I wrong??
Folkers also sells windows from the following MANUFACTURERS:

Simonton Windows
Shwinco Windows and Doors
PGT Windows and Doors
Gorell Windows and Doors
Don Young Company

I was thinking about following up on the Simonton 9800 series. Then there is also pella windows. Please help my Wife and I make an informed
purchase is appreciated.


Top
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Northwest Florida Window Question
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:00 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 3678
Location: DC Metropolitan Area-Maryland/Virginia/DC
Offline
kapitanshaun wrote:
I just met with the sales reps from Majors Home Improvement and Folkers Window company. Majors was pushing the Silverline 8500 and
Folkers was backing the Stanley 8500. From my research they are the same window and they don't have good reviews. Am I wrong??
Folkers also sells windows from the following MANUFACTURERS:

Simonton Windows
Shwinco Windows and Doors
PGT Windows and Doors
Gorell Windows and Doors
Don Young Company

I was thinking about following up on the Simonton 9800 series. Then there is also pella windows. Please help my Wife and I make an informed
purchase is appreciated.


No, you are not wrong. Silverline is pretty much viewed as bottom of the barrel in the vinyl market. Those manufacturers that you have listed are all pretty good but there are better ones out there.


Top
 
 
 Post subject: Any Suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:17 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:40 pm
Posts: 5
Offline
Thanks for the feedback. Any suggestions on a higher quality window company.


Top
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:36 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 3678
Location: DC Metropolitan Area-Maryland/Virginia/DC
Offline
Not familiar with PGT but the others that you have listed are all pretty nice.

I am guessing that number 2 on the list is supposed to be Schuco...?


Top
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:29 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:40 pm
Posts: 5
Offline
Shwinco Windows and Doors is a company from Panama City Florida. That's all I know about them.


Top
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Any Suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:00 pm 

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 2
Offline
kapitanshaun wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Any suggestions on a higher quality window company.


Obviously, you need to do more research on the two companies that you listed. Both are fine, reputable outfits that offer more than just Silverline. As a matter of fact, between the two companies, ALL of the brands that you listed are well represented. I'd be curious to know how you approached the subject of replacing your windows since neither company is known being a discount provider (Silverline is basically a price competitive offering).


Top
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:01 pm 

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 2
Offline
Windows on Washington wrote:
Not familiar with PGT but the others that you have listed are all pretty nice.

I am guessing that number 2 on the list is supposed to be Schuco...?


No. It's Shwinco. And you don't know about PGT? From where do you hail? Obviously not from the area of the poster.


Top
 
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 3678
Location: DC Metropolitan Area-Maryland/Virginia/DC
Offline
jgold wrote:
Windows on Washington wrote:
Not familiar with PGT but the others that you have listed are all pretty nice.

I am guessing that number 2 on the list is supposed to be Schuco...?


No. It's Shwinco. And you don't know about PGT? From where do you hail? Obviously not from the area of the poster.


My screename pretty much sums it up.


Top
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group