Northwest Florida Window Question

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
kapitanshaun

Northwest Florida Window Question

#1 Post by kapitanshaun »

I just met with the sales reps from Majors Home Improvement and Folkers Window company. Majors was pushing the Silverline 8500 and
Folkers was backing the Stanley 8500. From my research they are the same window and they don't have good reviews. Am I wrong??
Folkers also sells windows from the following MANUFACTURERS:

Simonton Windows
Shwinco Windows and Doors
PGT Windows and Doors
Gorell Windows and Doors
Don Young Company

I was thinking about following up on the Simonton 9800 series. Then there is also pella windows. Please help my Wife and I make an informed
purchase is appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: Northwest Florida Window Question

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

kapitanshaun wrote:I just met with the sales reps from Majors Home Improvement and Folkers Window company. Majors was pushing the Silverline 8500 and
Folkers was backing the Stanley 8500. From my research they are the same window and they don't have good reviews. Am I wrong??
Folkers also sells windows from the following MANUFACTURERS:

Simonton Windows
Shwinco Windows and Doors
PGT Windows and Doors
Gorell Windows and Doors
Don Young Company

I was thinking about following up on the Simonton 9800 series. Then there is also pella windows. Please help my Wife and I make an informed
purchase is appreciated.
No, you are not wrong. Silverline is pretty much viewed as bottom of the barrel in the vinyl market. Those manufacturers that you have listed are all pretty good but there are better ones out there.

kapitanshaun

Any Suggestions

#3 Post by kapitanshaun »

Thanks for the feedback. Any suggestions on a higher quality window company.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not familiar with PGT but the others that you have listed are all pretty nice.

I am guessing that number 2 on the list is supposed to be Schuco...?

kapitanshaun

#5 Post by kapitanshaun »

Shwinco Windows and Doors is a company from Panama City Florida. That's all I know about them.

jgold

Re: Any Suggestions

#6 Post by jgold »

kapitanshaun wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Any suggestions on a higher quality window company.
Obviously, you need to do more research on the two companies that you listed. Both are fine, reputable outfits that offer more than just Silverline. As a matter of fact, between the two companies, ALL of the brands that you listed are well represented. I'd be curious to know how you approached the subject of replacing your windows since neither company is known being a discount provider (Silverline is basically a price competitive offering).

jgold

#7 Post by jgold »

Windows on Washington wrote:Not familiar with PGT but the others that you have listed are all pretty nice.

No. It's Shwinco. And you don't know about PGT? From where do you hail? Obviously not from the area of the poster.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

jgold wrote:
Windows on Washington wrote:Not familiar with PGT but the others that you have listed are all pretty nice.

No. It's Shwinco. And you don't know about PGT? From where do you hail? Obviously not from the area of the poster.
My screename pretty much sums it up.