Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SugarCreek
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:56 pm 

Hello, everyone!
This may be the more appropriate place to post. I am looking at the following window:

Sugarcreek 300-series w/ComforTech DLA
double strength glass available
Low e/Argon
double glazed
Super Spacer

I was quoted $2000 for 2 large double-hung and 2 2-lite sliders (on very large, one medium-sized), grids. Compared to other estimates I have had, this is good price-wise, but how are these windows considered? Does anyone have experience with them? Do you recommend the double-strength glass?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:50 pm 

Sugarcreek are owned by Prescion, a pretty large Door company. They are low-medium grade windows. Which other windows did you get quotes on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:56 pm 

buddy110 wrote:
Sugarcreek are owned by Prescion, a pretty large Door company. They are low-medium grade windows. Which other windows did you get quotes on?

Low-medium grade? Hmmm... I started looking at these because they were highly recommended to me. Why do you consider them low-med?

The other quotes I have received are for Soft-Lite Imperial LS ($2500) and Alside Excalibur ($2200). I also received a quote from a local company that manufactures its own windows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:59 pm 

Either of the two competitive windows are better choices. Many companies say they manufacture thier own. Ask to see thier plant before you believe them. It's often a ploy to make themselves seem bigger.

Good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:44 pm 

The 300 series is Sugarceek's best vinyl window. Standard glazing is with Super Spacer. We have a sample in our showroom. Pretty nice product, but pricey. I've never sold or installed them. The tilt latches and the balances seem a little goofy from the other high points of the design and quality of the window. I would tend to migrate towards the Imperial LS unless the budget was real tight, then the Sugarceek . I've never been real impressed with the Alside products.