New to board, enjoying learning from the pros

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
daveca5150

New to board, enjoying learning from the pros

#1 Post by daveca5150 »

Hey this is such a great resource, thanks for all of the great information. I can't find the search box anywhere though :? I live south of Seattle, WA btw.

I am replacing the back half of my house, 8 windows, one garden, 1 bedroom and 6 dining room. I'm familiar with Pelle and Milgard brands, but I am wondering if there are others I should be looking into in my area. I've got a quote for all 8 windows with the Milgard Tuscanys for $2400 +tax. The garden window is the pricey one at just over $800. I would be willing to go a bit more if there is something a lot better, or if you could steer me to something of equal quality, but less expensive, that would be appreciated too. I know, I know, you get what you pay for :) Never hurts to ask though, right?

Finally, if you have had any experience with installers in the area, I would like to know. From what I'm reading on the board, the installer is almost as important (if not more so) than the quality of the window.

Thanks for the help,
dave

Windows on Washington

Re: New to board, enjoying learning from the pros

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Was that price installed? That seems awfully low. The Tuscany is a decent window and if that number includes a garden window that is very good.

daveca5150

Re: New to board, enjoying learning from the pros

#3 Post by daveca5150 »

Thanks for the reply,

No, this is not an installed price. That will be roughly an additional $220 per window.