LBL through The Affordable Company

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
hmm

LBL through The Affordable Company

#1 Post by hmm »

I want to get the warning out to "beware" and do your homework on the contractor you have install your windows or doors. We bought LBL windows through The Affordable Company, which is also know as Affordable Windows, and the windows were ordered in Sept 2007 and was suppose to be put in by Thanksgiving 2007, they ordered the wrong windows so they promised by Christmas. Oh yes, they had two doors and two windows already half installed when my husband noticed they were not correct. Christmas came and went and they again said they ordered the wrong product. We went through the winter with the cold air going through the gaps of the unsealed doors. They installed most of the products in Feb but it is now May and there is a torn screen that was installed and needed replaced, a door that needed fixed due to it not shutting and locking correctly and miscellaneous other touch ups that needed completed. The scratches on the vinyl doors from the handling was very noticeable. They said LBL would do a walk through to see if they needed to fix any rough edges but we haven't heard back on this either. I have called Affordable weekly and only received promises they are trying to get the installer to come back to fix the problems. Due to it being a family company, the installer's brother is the owner and it is not going well. Although the contract signed said there was a lifetime warranty on the window and installation, it does little good if the company ignores your problems. We paid all but $1200 out of $13K which I know we should have kept back more but we were a little too trusting. I am filing a complaint with the BBB and hope to settle this but I wanted to get the word out to prevent the same happening to another. Take it from me, I found out the hard way, it may be wiser to pay a little more for a company you can trust to deliver good service than save that $2 or $3K. The company did use the "House Cost" price and the "need to get their quota up". The price was good, service was bad! I do love my windows though. :D