Windows in Oklahoma

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
looking4windows

Windows in Oklahoma

#1 Post by looking4windows »

I live in Edmond Ok and just bought a house. Everything looks great on it except the windows are the original ones that the house was built with in 1949! We are going to replace them next summer, but are currently looking at companies. I have already checked with Champion and Diamond windows. I was going to ask if either of these were good and also would like to ask if there are other brands I should check out! I have 7 windows on the whole house, and I dont have a ton of cash to spend on them.. Any suggestions?

Windows on Washington

Re: Windows in Oklahoma

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Don't know about Diamond, but the Champion in my area is typically over priced.

If it were me, I would research during the winter months and begin the selection process in the spring once you have familiarized yourself with the subject matter.

Will91

#3 Post by Will91 »

Having just met with a Simonton dealer, I learned they have a production plant in McAlester OK. You might find some good pricing since they are in your state. You can enter your zip code on www.simonton.com site and find a local dealer. Good luck.

Larry-OKC

#4 Post by Larry-OKC »

I just got an estimate from a Diamond Distributor. Public Supply in Oklahoma City is the parent company that manufactures their windows. Public Supply has been in business for 40+ years that I am aware of and has a satisfactory rating but the OKC Better Business Bureau. They were higher than the Window World in OKC by about $1300 and their windows were single hung as opposed to the WW double hung model.