reliabilt windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Windows on Washington

Re: reliabilt windows

#16 Post by Windows on Washington »

mdcarm wrote:As a matter of fact I didn't go to Consumer Reports. I'm a busy professional with little time to spend on house renovations and I trusted Lowe's with their recommendation (big mistake!). I found this blog that talked about Reliabilt and I just wanted to know what Lowe's did to fix the problem. And yes, this really sucks!~
I am sorry to hear about the horror story with your windows.

Skydawggy was not referring to you about the Consumer Reports but an earlier poster (snlc9902) that was challenging Skydawggy's impression, completely factual, of Consumer Reports.

Hopefully you can get the details resolved and get your windows up to the standards that they should have been delivered as.

toddinmn

#17 Post by toddinmn »

I am somewhat familiar with Reliabilt,but I have not seen that model #before.Are these casements or double hungs?Are these made by Atrium?

hcier1

#18 Post by hcier1 »

I wish I had sought out this forum before my purchase. I replaced a double window in my master bedroom in September. The original was a1995 construction grade window. I replaced it with a Reliabilt 3200 series with Low-E Argon.

We were thrilled with the window at filtering the sunlight heat. But now that it is cold, the whistling is waking us up - no kidding. There is such a breeze coming through and a loud accompanying whistle that we can't always sleep through it. I am in week 3 of trying to get someone from Lowe's out. I'm video taping the window in HD today and will post to YouTube soon if I don't get some satisfaction.

Now the question is, what do I demand of Lowes? A refund, and put it toward another window from elsewhere? I'll try to remember to post the results.. Wish me luck.

St. Louis, MO

Skydawggy

#19 Post by Skydawggy »

I'm pretty sure the whistling is being cause by an air leak. First thing I would do is check and make sure the weep hole covers are closed. If thats not it, then I would tell Lowes that I expect the window to at least be re-caulked. If that doesn't solve the problem, have them remove it, use low expanding foam and then re-install the window.

If that doesn't work, have them re-order the window and then re-install it using the foam, new coil and new caulk. Hope you get the problem straightened out.

HomeSealed

#20 Post by HomeSealed »

I agree with Eco... I don't think that you'd be in line for a refund, but certainly there is a defect in either the product of installation. If you installed it yourself, you are in a little bit harder spot as I'm sure they'll attribute it to an installation issue either way. I would continue to try and get them out to take a look.