Choices - Simonton vs Thermal Industries?

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
tcmich

Choices - Simonton vs Thermal Industries?

#1 Post by tcmich »

Can anybody offer feedback on either Simonton Prism Platinum or Thermal Industries replacement windows in Traverse City Mich area?My quotes were very far apart for 12 windows ($4300 vs. $8100)? any huge difference in windows?
Can anyone reccomend any good contractors for installation? Thanks tcmich

Windows on Washington

Re: Choices - Simonton vs Thermal Industries?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Which was which price and are you comparing apples to apples (i.e. double pane, low-e, grids, etc.)

tcmich

#3 Post by tcmich »

Sorry, they were comparable - Simonton-double hung, no grids, complete trim outside, argon, lowE, 1" IGU with foam superspacer, the Simonton was less expensive at $4300. The Thermal industries window was comparable bt wanted $8100 for 7/8" with argon in all. Simonton contractor wanted 1/2 down to start. Other offered financing on a credit card. Thanks for any advice obviously I need a couple more quotes here.

Skydawggy

#4 Post by Skydawggy »

tcmich wrote:Sorry, they were comparable - Simonton-double hung, no grids, complete trim outside, argon, lowE, 1" IGU with foam superspacer, the Simonton was less expensive at $4300. The Thermal industries window was comparable bt wanted $8100 for 7/8" with argon in all. Simonton contractor wanted 1/2 down to start. Other offered financing on a credit card. Thanks for any advice obviously I need a couple more quotes here.
TI makes several lines of windows. Unless the dealer was showing you the Park Avenue, I go with Simonton.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Hands down, Simonton is your choice.