Shuco Vs Soft-lite Barrington

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
asys016

Shuco Vs Soft-lite Barrington

#1 Post by asys016 »

Are these windows comparable?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Shuco Vs Soft-lite Barrington

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

No, the Schuco (which is now called Force V Environmental) is a superior window to the Barrington as Barrington is Softlite's lowest offering. To compare in that brand look at the Softlite Elements which is in the same class as Force V in features and performance. The Softlite Imperial also is a top quality window. I'm a dealer for both brands so feel free to ask me any questions. I'd be glad to help.

asys016

Re: Shuco Vs Soft-lite Barrington

#3 Post by asys016 »

thanks for the quick reply. Here is my dilemma I have 50 windows in house that was built in 1923. I interviewed several window companies and ultimately decided to go with the Shuco Triple Pane. Since I have so many windows I could not afford to replace all of them at one time. I was offered a deal by a local company where I purchase 13 Shuco's for a price of $500 installed per window with the agreement that I would purchase all of my windows from them in the $500 range. I wanted to purchase two more windows for our nursery having our first baby. I called my dealer and he told me that Schuco was bought by another company and that the price was way to high. His recommendation was that I go with the Barrington Triple Pane fro $560 installed per window. What are your thougths? I feel like they should honor my agreement and that the Schuco is a superior window.