Alside, Soft-Lite or Polaris???

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
dogan

Alside, Soft-Lite or Polaris???

#1 Post by dogan »

Hi guys,

We are planning on getting vinyl replacement windows on our house in Cleveland and I got quotes from couple of different people who carried the following brands. I really have no clue how to choose,besides just deciding based on price of course. So, I hope someone here can give us some suggestions. Below are our quotes and Brands we were quoted on.

Thnx in advance,

Dogan

14 Windows in Total, Double Hung, Qualifying for the Government Tax Rebate. Life time warranty on all of them.

Soft-Lite - $5250, This is being quoted by Window Nation. Includes installation and taxes.

Alside Excalibur- $4900
Alside Sheffield or UltraMaxx(can't remember which one) - $5600 - Includes Installation but NOT TAX

Polaris TheramalWeld - $4500 - Includes Installation and Tax.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Alside, Soft-Lite or Polaris???

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

What series of Softlite?

dogan

#3 Post by dogan »

barrington

odjboy

#4 Post by odjboy »

I made the mistake of buying Allside Sheffields. They are total junk. Don't make the same mistake.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1 on the Sheffield comment.

Get Window Nation to quote the Bainbridge in lieu of the Barrington. The Barrington has an ugly exterior.

The ThermalWeld is a decent mid grade window. It is not quite as good as the Soft-Lite offering but is close.

monyet

#6 Post by monyet »

Don't know if you've already made a decision, but I happened to visit a local contractor's office where they carried both Softlite Imperial LS and Polaris ( he didn't say which particular Polaris line), but the contractor didn't even want for me to consider the Polaris even though it was side-by-side. When asked why he still carries Polaris, he said he carried Polaris way before he carried Softlite and after having worked with the Softlite, just couldn't recommend the Polaris anymore. Just my $.02

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Your contractor is overstating the differences a bit. The Soft-Lite window, depending on the line, has slightly better performance data and build data. It is a better window but the Polaris window is not garbage by any means.