Silverline, Superseal, or any other vinyl windows for NJ?

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
mtorres

Re: Silverline, Superseal, or any other vinyl windows for NJ?

#16 Post by mtorres »

Can you tell me the contractor that did your install? I live in Bergen county and Im looking to replace 13 DH windows. I'm interested in getting a qoute for Simonton windows.

Thanks.

canuck

#17 Post by canuck »

i am shocked okna or gorell was double simonton. i prefer okna and gorell over simonton. the okna should be the same price or close to the 9800 simonton. i would see another okna or gorell dealer.where i am,they are all close in price but okna gets the better performance numbers. the gorell 5300 is a darn good window as well.

scg

#18 Post by scg »

I had my whole townhouse windows replaced with Superseal windows through Windowrama and have had nothing but trouble with them. The house is cold and they don't open very easily. I can't get Superseal to fix them as they are faulting the installer. The installer says it wasn't him. NOT HAPPY with these windows. :(

canuck

#19 Post by canuck »

this is a common problem when home owners choose a cheaper window. i'm sure you want new windows. if you add the cost of the new windows with installation plus what you spent on your cheaper windows ,you will be paying a very hefty price. this all could of been avoided had you went with a brand the pro's on this board recommend.

scg

#20 Post by scg »

They weren't cheap, they were also recommended by Windowrama as the best out there. I thought they knew what they were talking about.

Delaware Mike

#21 Post by Delaware Mike »

I've never had respect for Windowrama. I've been in their showrooms before and viewed many nice wood clad products, but as far as vinyl goes they are clueless except for their profit margins. Don't beat yourself up too much, someone took advantage of you and it will make you a much wiser consumer in the future.

Roybrown

#22 Post by Roybrown »

To the original poster:

Any chance you can post an update on how the Simonton 9800 worked out for you 1.5 years later. I live in the same area and would appreciate any info you can share.

Thanks.