gorell and Okna BAY

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
brentwood

gorell and Okna BAY

#1 Post by brentwood »

do all bay windows come with stainless steel cables? are all cables for vinyl windows stainless steel? how many cables,just 2,one for each side?
for an upgrade,they advertise an oak box. what exactly is the "oak box" on a bay or bow?

Windows on Washington

Re: gorell and Okna BAY

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Those cables for the bay are braided steel wire and are part of the turnbuckle system that helps carry the load of the bay window as it hangs off the house. They are not used in standard vinyl (non-bay/bow) window replacement.

windowmike

#3 Post by windowmike »

Oak box is an optional upgrade over birch plywood verneer. Consider also upgrading to insulated seat board. 1-1/4" plywood is not very energy efficient. This upgrade adds rigid foam board and an additional layer of plywood on the exterior sill.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Do you guys like ordering the seat boards insulated or prefer to insulate it at time of install?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

My guys like me to order them that way ...but when I was an installer I preferred to do myself.

windowmike

#6 Post by windowmike »

Insulated in the factory is great because it speeds up the install. The only downside is if you need to install from inside as the stepped design will impede sliding the unit out. I am suprised it's not standard yet.