NFRC.org - Verify Ratings Tab

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
LeakyWindows

NFRC.org - Verify Ratings Tab

#1 Post by LeakyWindows »

Hello. Shouldn’t consumers be able to verify NFRC ratings on NFRC.org?
http://search.nfrc.org/search/cpd/cpd_s ... chOption=M

I do not see Okna double-hung windows listed, and many others seem to be missing too. Thanks for any thoughts.

Windows on Washington

Re: NFRC.org - Verify Ratings Tab

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

What window are you trying to verify? They should come with NFRC stickers and what Okna window is not listed?

Here is 500 triple pane for example: http://search.nfrc.org/search/cpd/cpd_s ... 0026-00001

LeakyWindows

#3 Post by LeakyWindows »

Thank you! Can you link me to the 800? That one allows color variations with external grids, and may be my only Okna option. I have HOA color issues I have to comply with.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

There is nothing about the color variation that is listed on the NFRC to my knowledge. I also am not sure that SDL (Simulated Divided Lite) grids are listed either.

Here is the NFRC link for a double pane, 800 series, deluxe, with Low-e: http://search.nfrc.org/search/cpd/cpd_s ... 0031-00002

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Thanks to WOW for the links... Every window that is is rated by the NFRC can indeed be verified at NFRC.org, including Okna. I would be very cautious about purchasing a window that is NOT rated by NFRC.

LeakyWindows

#6 Post by LeakyWindows »

Windows on Washington wrote:There is nothing about the color variation that is listed on the NFRC to my knowledge. I also am not sure that SDL (Simulated Divided Lite) grids are listed either.

Here is the NFRC link for a double pane, 800 series, deluxe, with Low-e: http://search.nfrc.org/search/cpd/cpd_s ... 0031-00002

Thanks for the link!

I was only referring to the 800 series since the sash & grids can meet my HOA color standards (if external grids are used). I forget exactly how/why, but the 500 series cannot be color matched with internal grids. So for Okna, I could only consider 800 series (to meet HOA colors).

I wish you could tell Okna designers to create a "cleaner" look externally, with less grooves/lines. Here is a clean look and can add a groovy look later.
Attachments
Clean Line Close Up (234x256).jpg
(88.22 KiB) Downloaded 457 times

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am guessing you are referring to the colonial bevels to the exterior? That is actually preferred by most customers to help break up the exterior look of the window and make it appear less synthetic.

It also helps with the structural test pressures as well.

LeakyWindows

#8 Post by LeakyWindows »

1283 Window Lines (256x188).jpg
(63.27 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
Windows on Washington wrote:I am guessing you are referring to the colonial bevels to the exterior? That is actually preferred by most customers to help break up the exterior look of the window and make it appear less synthetic.

It also helps with the structural test pressures as well.
It's the sash's that have two curve layers, and groove where it connects with trim. It's a multi layered look. Not sure how well you can see with the two attachments.
Attachments
Clean Line Close Up (199x256).jpg
(74.43 KiB) Downloaded 414 times

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#9 Post by Window4U (IL) »

It's pretty tough to see the pictures as the view is so far away. The Okna 400dx is a little plainer on the exterior.
Also, the Starmark composite they make has a flat look to the exterior, though it's a bit bulkier.

LeakyWindows

#10 Post by LeakyWindows »

Window4U (IL) wrote:It's pretty tough to see the pictures as the view is so far away. The Okna 400dx is a little plainer on the exterior.
Also, the Starmark composite they make has a flat look to the exterior, though it's a bit bulkier.

This forum only allows small pics. Can see a bit better by pressing control and scroll wheel up to enlarge.

Thanks for info about Okna 400. Okna has been the best as a company on issues of honesty and quality.

ctviggen1

#11 Post by ctviggen1 »

Windows on Washington wrote:There is nothing about the color variation that is listed on the NFRC to my knowledge. I also am not sure that SDL (Simulated Divided Lite) grids are listed either.

For me, this says "no results found".

HomeSealed

#12 Post by HomeSealed »

nfrc.org
> Certified products directory
>>Search directory
>>>Product type: Window
>>>>Search by: manufacturer
>>>>>Manufacturer: (choose manufacturer) Window Type: (choose the operator)
>>>>>> Now choose the specific model in that operator

You will now get pages of listings of glass types, with and without grids, foam, etc and the associated performance ratings

Savelin

#13 Post by Savelin »

I would be very cautious about purchasing a window that is NOT rated by NFRC.