PGT Industries

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
joesat78

PGT Industries

#1 Post by joesat78 »

Many in Florida have heard of PGT Industries. Has anyone heard of PGT Spectra Guard? Norandex carries them. Its build seems slightly better than the Simonton Prism they carry. Anyone know about how this window will perform in colder climates (central PA)? It has double strength glass, I'' IGU superspacer as standard feature. Any information would be of great help.
Last edited by joesat78 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

windowdude

Re: PDT Industries

#2 Post by windowdude »

Don't have any experience with the PGT, but it looks like it might be a decent window from its website and NFRC's site. I don't think you could go wrong with a Simonton, either.

We get some NASTY winters up here in the central PA mountains so you'd want to get the best, most efficient window you could afford. There are lots of options up here, a lot of good windows available.

joesat78

#3 Post by joesat78 »

Since you are from around this area - what according to you are the better windows for central pa? The Simonton Prism is about 30% more expensive than the PGT Ind SpecaGuard. Both have the same U factor - so, it basically boils down to the longevity and quality of the window. Just wondering whether Simonton is worth the 30% extra.

windowdude

#4 Post by windowdude »

In this area I would say Simonton, Gorell, some Great Lakes models would be your best value. I honestly have never seen a PGT window so I can't say for sure how they hold up over time.

If you're looking for a proven track record for in this area, then the three I mentioned may be worth a little more money upfront...rather than taking a chance on something a little cheaper that you may have to replace again in a few years. Trust me...we replace inexpensive "replacement" windows all the time. :)

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Okna is another good choice for that area and should be readily available being that they are produced in PA.

windowdude

#6 Post by windowdude »

Yeah OKNA would be good but it depends on what part of Central PA you mean...it's a pretty vast area. There is an OKNA installer about an hour southeast of us but I don't know of any others around. Good windows, though! :D