Alside 0971 single casement and Alside 0972 double casement

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
justinhank

Alside 0971 single casement and Alside 0972 double casement

#1 Post by justinhank »

I've received several estimates and a contractor installing Alside was substantially less than most others. He came highly recommended.

After reading a number of posts, I'm a little concerned about the quality of the Alside product. I was told they would qualify for the tax credit. Budget is a reality, but I don't want to replace my windows in another 5 years.

Any insight on these specific Alside windows?

Thank you,

Justin

thermal99

Re: Alside 0971 single casement and Alside 0972 double casement

#2 Post by thermal99 »

lets face it; you are attracted to the "substantially less" part...if you go with a product based on that logic it will turn into "substantially more" down the road. cheaper is ALWAYS more expensive when it comes to windows. from reading various posts and topics i think it is safe to assume that you know deep down inside what kind of quality Alside windows are.

shamu

Re: Alside 0971 single casement and Alside 0972 double casement

#3 Post by shamu »

His quote may be less for reasons other than just because he quoted Alside windows. He may have less overhead than the other companies you received quotes from. He may not have a salesman to pay a commission to if he is the owner and also handles the sales side of his business or he may also do the installation himself and can keep his costs down from that aspect. Ask him to quote another window if you are not comfortable with Alside. He still may be less expensive than the others. In general most manufacturers casement windows are their most well made products.