A little help please

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
niceneasy

A little help please

#1 Post by niceneasy »

I will be having 10 DH windows installed and was quoted about the same price by the installer. The BF Rich Vintage window is slightly more expensive. The OKNA 400 must be a relatively new product. Any pros or cons that might help me make a selection?

On a side note is the foam filled frame worth the extra $15 per window? Energy Design Update article "Dubious Benefits of Foam-Filled Vinyl Windows" seems to feel that it is largely a marketing gimmick.

Windows on Washington

Re: A little help please

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The DH400 is the entry window in Okna's line and while a solid performer, the next line up (DH500) is prettier (more exterior detail), slightly more efficient (0.29 vs 0.28 in standard form), and has slightly lower air infiltration numbers (0.02 vs 0.04). The DH500 is not typically a large jump in price and is worth considering.

Foam filling is overblown often times but does net some efficiency improvements in this application because of the monolithic chamber design on the DH400 and DH500. The sash vinyl is still plenty strong but there is a slight connection from inside to outside and that is where the foam shines.

niceneasy

Re: A little help please

#3 Post by niceneasy »

WoW, Thanks for the input. I will look at the DH500 as well.

Can you comment on the Vintage or compare the advantages/disadvantages of each.