Soft-Lite Imperial Pro or Easton VinylMax

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
John Q Public

Soft-Lite Imperial Pro or Easton VinylMax

#1 Post by John Q Public »

I am starting to research windows. I have gotten quotes on two windows.....Soft-Lite Imperial Pro and Easton VinylMax. I went to the Soft-Lite website and they didn't even show Imperial Pro.....now I am really confused. I haven't seen any mention of Easton VinylMax anyplace. Advice/Info?

DansWindow

Re: Soft-Lite Imperial Pro or Easton VinylMax

#2 Post by DansWindow »

VinylMax is the manufacturer and Easton is one of their lines of windows. Their web site is www.vinylmax.com .

John Q Public

#3 Post by John Q Public »

Dan..........thanks for the clarification. Do you know anything about these windows?

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

The Imperial Pro from Soft-Lite is their older model of the Imperial series. It's the big brother to the Bainbridge and Barrington lines. It is a slightly dated window, but a solid performer that I would consider to be one of the best "mid-grade" vinyl products out there. The Imperial Pro is perfect for those looking to minimize glass loss with insert window replacements.

The Pro does still features one of the best sills in the industry, tons of options, and a locking screen standard on the double hungs. Most of the Imperial Pro and Imperial Classic dealers tend to be smaller local window outfits and specialty contractors, thus pricing is usually very attractive.

John Q Public

#5 Post by John Q Public »

Delaware Mike,
Thanks for the info. I am really focused on the Soft-Lite windows. I spoke with another guy today about windows....very informative....and he explained more about Soft-Lite windows. It sounds like the Imperial Pro would be okay but since the company is actually moving to the Bainbridge as a replacement to the Imperial Pro, maybe I should be more focused on that window. Also, their top line window, Elements, looked good. Do you have any thoughts on the Bainbridge or the Elements window?

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

The Bainbridge and the Imperial Pro and Imperial Classic are very close. The may Imperials have a slightly higher DP rating then the Bainbridge. The Bainbridge has the exterior screentrack frame header designed to look like the sides. The Imperial is like the Barrington in that it has a flat drip cap design which is more like the bottom of the screentrack/frame. The Imperial also has a different top sash interlock system. You can order the woodgrain options on the Imperial while I don't think that you can on the Barrington and Bainbridge. Locking sceen is standard on the Imperial models. I also think that the Bainbridge has a white polystyrene? foam sash/frame insert for insulation. The Imperial has blown in foam (or at least it did at one point).

I've done the Bainbridge, Barrington, and Imperial Classic series in the past. 99% of our Soft-Lite business is with the Imperial LS. It's a much better window, but you should be fine with the Bainbridge or Classic. The Elements is almost Identical to the LS except for the locking system, exterior frame cove/bead extra detail to the screen track, Super Spacer and accidental glass breakage are standard on the Elements. The Elements is my favorite vinyl product out there right now.