Sunrise restorations vs Vanguard vs Andersen renewal (IL)

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Condores

Sunrise restorations vs Vanguard vs Andersen renewal (IL)

#1 Post by Condores »

I am new to this forum, but I am looking at replacing sliders and a sliding glass door in my condo. I am in the Chicago west suburbs. I am expecting to utilize

I have recieved quotes for the following:
Sunrise Restoration series
Vanguard (supposedly a subsidiary of Sunrise)
Renewal by Andersen (The condo board's preferred vendor with a 25% discount)

All supposedly qualify for the government program.

It seems in the postings I have read so far, that usually the Sunrise has received the most positive feedback of these manuafcturers, but I have not seen any feedback for Vanguard.

Can I conclude that Sunrise restoration is generally better than the Renewal product when correctly installed? I can purchase the Sunrise for a bit more than the Andersen product.

Sould I expand my search further?

pondscum

Re: Sunrise restorations vs Vanguard vs Andersen renewal (IL)

#2 Post by pondscum »

AFAICT the only difference between the Sunrise's Restorations and Vanguard lines is different tilt latch hardware. They both have the fiberglass reinforcement, foam fill, same extrusions, same interior/exterior finishes, etc. I had the Restorations installed in my home a couple weeks ago and I like them. They're a very nice-looking window, and the narrow rails on the sashes give you more glass area.

I looked at the RbA but basically laughed the salesman out of the house when he quoted me a price of over $2000/window. :lol:

I believe there's a pro on the board who services your area and can show you some other products. Use the "request a quote" feature?

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

Have you gotten a quote on both the Vanguard and Restorations series from different Sunrise dealers? Unless your Sunrise quote was loaded up with options that aren't on the RBA Andersen window, I wouldn't think that it should be more money?
Sunrise as a company has been running a lot of great promotions lately.

Condores

#4 Post by Condores »

Thanks for the quick feedback. Based upon these comments, I'm surprized at Andersen's competitive pricing, but I'll look closer at the details of each bid and get another one.

Neither the Vanguard or the Restorations salespersons mentioned any special promotions... Woule they be directed toward the consumer on their website or only through the professional?

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

You need to look for a poster on this board by the name of Window4U.

He is located in the Chicago area and deals direct with Sunrise as well as a bunch of other top name brands.

You can click on the "Get a Quote" function under his name and get his contact information. Very good guy and very good products.