Preservation replacement windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
LTD

Preservation replacement windows

#1 Post by LTD »

I have a salesman from preservation windows coming to my house tomorrow to give me a quote on installing 16 windows.
Does anyone know anything "good or bad" about this company or it's windows. I am looking for some fact based unbiased information.

Thank you,

LTD
Last edited by LTD on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

Re: Preservation replacement windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

It is a re-badged Alside Sheffield with some fancier options. The bones of the window are the same though.

Do a search on Alside Sheffield and you will get more data.

You will also want to edit your post to remove your email. It is against board policy.

Take care and happy hunting.

LTD

#3 Post by LTD »

Windows on Washington wrote:It is a re-badged Alside Sheffield with some fancier options. The bones of the window are the same though.

Do a search on Alside Sheffield and you will get more data.

You will also want to edit your post to remove your email. It is against board policy.

Take care and happy hunting.
Thank you for your response. "It is a re-badged Alside Sheffield with some fancier options" Knowing nothing about windows, I have to ask you. Are preservation windows a good product ? Assuming I can get a good installation job.

LTD

#4 Post by LTD »

I just had a preservation sales rep come out today. And I signed a contract to have 17 windows installed for $9079.00
These are the 1 inch double hung 2 pane 9 point welded vinyl frame windows with the argon gas. They come with a lifetime warranty that is transferable when I sell the house. During the presentation I saw a demonstration showing the difference between the 3 pane krypton gas and the 2 pane argon gas windows and their was hardly difference in heat loss. I think the total difference was 2 or 3 BTU's. After reading some of the post in this forum I was made aware of how important the installation was. So I stressed this point to him and he assured me that he could have his best crew install the job and that I would not have any problems. Based on my research and this forum I feel like I got a high quality window at a very good price. Thank you to those people on this discussion board who give factual , informative guidance to people like myself to help make a well informed decision in the purchase of replacement windows.

Sincerely,

LTD
MERRY CHRISTMAS :D