Vista Panorainbow

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
Ed B.

Vista Panorainbow

#1 Post by Ed B. »

Had Vista Panorainbow installed in 11-2009. Shortley after noticed the windows had primer showing through the paint. I contacted Vista and they said they would repaint them.. We decided to wait untill spring, because of the weather conditions. I just wanted them to put it in writing. After several phone calls they have yet to do this. I have concluded that if they can not even put it writing they probally won't do a good job of repainting the windows.

Skydawggy

Re: Vista Panorainbow

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

That's quite a leap in logic. Why don't you wait to see what they actually "DO" before you post negative information?

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

I haven't heard of any real Customer Service issues with Vista so I would take the glass is half-full approach and see how they do.

I am not a big fan of painted vinyl anyway but I think they will probably be able to get you fixed up.

Post follow up.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

As a Vista dealer I can tell you that they are one of the better companies out there to do business with. The window is what it is, decent mid-grade window, nothing more, nothing less. I've only had to do one project with their painted exterior and I'm not generally a fan of this process with any manufacturer. This project required and certain woodgrain interior called "cavilier oak" that only Vista offered. The exterior had to be a medium brown color. Everything turned out fantastic. Installers must be real careful not to scratch the brown painted/bonded exterior with their tools.

Hopefully the guy or gal at the plant who was working in the spray room either got better at his trade, or went back to Earl Scheib! Keep us posted.

mikeisme

#5 Post by mikeisme »

Delaware Mike:

I am looking at Simonton 6500 (Home Depot...I know, I know, but they seem to back up the risk of the installers with a heck of a warranty) or a Vista Panorama. Please share your thoughts. Live in Iowa with cold cold cold winters and hot summers. Looking at a triple pan, super spacer, krypton with Vista. Just getting going with Simonton. Is the 6500 dramatically different than the 5500? Very confusing. Also, Simonton and Vista now have an alliance of some type...same windows? How long realistically will a Simonton window last if not abused by kids, etc.? Lots of questions, I know...Buying windows is very confusing and of course everyone selling knows why theirs is good and others are bad. The vista painted interior trim was a bit unimpressive to me, but the wife seemed to think it looked OK. Help!