Sunrise vs Alside

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
langhornewindow

Sunrise vs Alside

#1 Post by langhornewindow »

Live in Bucks County, PA (outside of Philadelphia). Getting 16 DHs replaced, sliding glass door, picture window and circle topper. We have quotes from 2 different contractors. Alside Excalibar, Sunrise Essentials and Sunrise mid range (don't know the name, but not as good as the Vanguard). Both contractors seem good. Now it is down to which is a better window and price. The contractor with Alside Excalibar is the cheapest (around 9K). The Sunrise mid-range is about 13K. Any advice on the 2 windows? Are the apples to apples or is the Sunrise mid-range a better window than the Alside Exalibar? Thanks for any advise you can give...

TheWindowNerd

Re: Sunrise vs Alside

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I would not do the Alside, lack of QC.
Go with the sunrise.

prosteelheader

#3 Post by prosteelheader »

lack of quality control is right!!!

Integra

#4 Post by Integra »

Sunrise is definitely the best choice. You're comparing Mercedes against Chevy.

You're going to wait a little longer for Sunrise, but you'll get an excellent, well performing window made to fantastic tolerances.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

One more vote for Sunrise.

whaas

#6 Post by whaas »

Based on what I've seen...Sunrise.

I don't like the Mercedes against Chevy comparison, but I understand where they are coming from. Ie going to Sunrise you get a higher quality product without the price (per say).

Integra

#7 Post by Integra »

whaas wrote:Based on what I've seen...Sunrise.

I don't like the Mercedes against Chevy comparison, but I understand where they are coming from. Ie going to Sunrise you get a higher quality product without the price (per say).

My intention with that metaphor was that Alside is very much a large, mass produced window made to more "average" standards. Sunrise is more of a "custom" built window built to very high tolerances. One of my favorite things to do is to take two samples side by side with the Sunrise being one of them - and have them with their sashes locked. Then grab the sashes and try to move them. Invariably the Sunrise will move very little - if at all. The other window will always have much more play in it.

Hope that clarifies my post a bit.