Xact Windows

Post or read through reviews of replacement windows and fenestration products.
gerril46

Xact Windows

#1 Post by gerril46 »

Question---has anyone had Xact 1650 series vinyl replacement windows done in their homes? I was wondering how good they are (or bad???)??? I had a contractor here and that is all they carry. He claims they are similar to Pella but I am a bit distrusting. I live in the South Jersey area and have 3 quotes on windows. Two were for approx. $2500---they were for Survivor and Sunbeam. And the Xact quote was for $2000. This is for 4 windows. The price is the best but are the windows. Plus I have to adhere to the rules of my condo association and they have to be brown. Does anyone know if the color of the vinyl is brown or a light beige??? Thnx

Delaware Mike

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

low-grade window. There are a lot of products that are worse out there. If you go with this window please get a super installation.

Windows on Washington

Re: Xact Windows

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

gerril46 wrote:Question---has anyone had Xact 1650 series vinyl replacement windows done in their homes? I was wondering how good they are (or bad???)??? I had a contractor here and that is all they carry. He claims they are similar to Pella but I am a bit distrusting. I live in the South Jersey area and have 3 quotes on windows. Two were for approx. $2500---they were for Survivor and Sunbeam. And the Xact quote was for $2000. This is for 4 windows. The price is the best but are the windows. Plus I have to adhere to the rules of my condo association and they have to be brown. Does anyone know if the color of the vinyl is brown or a light beige??? Thnx
Don't know about Xact windows specifically, however, typically the vinyl is Beige throughout (the vinyl itself is colored Beige) and the brown colors are the result of an exterior laminate that is applied to the white vinyl.

earwax

#4 Post by earwax »

Xact is a garage window. Cheap all the way through. It is am MI window with a different name badge so they can sell it a different way.

gerril46

Xact Windows

#5 Post by gerril46 »

Is this referring to the Xact 1650 Regent Series as well??? The guy trying to sell me these says they are similar to Pella---which I doubt and have doubted all along. Thank you for your response.

Door&WindowPlus

#6 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

We sell and install Xact windows and don't have any problems with them. We sell but do not install the Capital series. Single Strength glass is a negative but that can be upgraded to double strength. Self Closing lock homeowners like. Xact is not the window I would put in my house but when someone has a limited budget or 20 plus windows it makes more sense. I think its better than the Pella ThermaStar Lowes sells. From the installs we have done, homeowners seem to be happy with the window after it is installed. We do install using low expanision foam and polyurethane sealant just like that other more expensive windows we sell. In Southern California you dont really have the extremes like in some parts of the U.S.

Delaware Mike

#7 Post by Delaware Mike »

Your contractor would be correct in the fact that it would be close the the Pella vinyl products from Lowes. It should be better actually. At first glance the 1650 looks very similar to the Sunrise products. I have the brochure in front of me and Xact offers lifetime glass breakage, constant force balances, and steel reinforced meeting rails. Optional would be foam filling of the main frame and triple glazing. I don't have a problem with this window for those on a budget. Without installing them I can't verify the build quality however.

Scott1q1

#8 Post by Scott1q1 »

We installed several hundred of these windows a couple years ago.

The window looked nice, had some nice features but mi's quality control was terrible. I think it was difficult for them to raise their standards from extremely cheap new construction products to replacement products.

We had jobs that needed new sashes because of pencil tip to pencil eraser size junk between the panes of glass(32 sashes from a 20 dh job was the record).

Had jobs with black streaks down the sides of the windows where it looked like they slid down a dirty assembly line or something.

Had jobs where we needed to raise the balances so you couldn't see daylight where the top sash was supposed to fit into the top of the frame.

Almost forgot, also had alot of interesting picture windows that would wick water that ran down the outside glass to all over whatever inside the customers house.

On the plus side virtually everyone from the company was super to work with, and they would send you parts till you were drowning in them.

Also, it was a new product for them, they are a very large company maybe the problems have all been corrected.

Delaware Mike

#9 Post by Delaware Mike »

How about the Capital series? My girlfriend has works for a builder that builds $600k estate homes that will only offer MI Capital single hung windows. She often mentioned how nice it would be to at least off an option for upgrading to Andersen 400 series like several of her competitors. The owners (scum of the earth) scolded her and told her to be a better sales agent. The fact that the flange is behind all of the brick, stone, and stucco is even nicer!

earwax

#10 Post by earwax »

That is too bad Mr Delaware Mike. Capital is the beginning of the window lines in California. The entry level stuff. Just about any window seems to be better than it. From their poor vinyl extrusion to the quality control. Not to mention a frame that bends and tweaks more than a druggy strung out. Very hard to install correctly with a very weak frame.

clear choice usa of dc

#11 Post by clear choice usa of dc »

xact is made by capitol its junk

Windows on Washington

#12 Post by Windows on Washington »

Who makes the Clear choice window....?

Door&WindowPlus

#13 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

Clear Choice is lot of franchises set up throughout the US. They have made their way to California. They are headquartered in Atlanta. They sell windows for about $350 installed. Make sure who ever puts it in is licensed and insured.

Amsco is one of the windows they sell. MI and Alside are some others.
Single Strength Glass standard.
Warranty kind of weak-no labor from Amsco

Windows on Washington

#14 Post by Windows on Washington »

Door&WindowPlus wrote:Clear Choice is lot of franchises set up throughout the US. They have made their way to California. They are headquartered in Atlanta. They sell windows for about $350 installed. Make sure who ever puts it in is licensed and insured.

Amsco is one of the windows they sell. MI and Alside are some others.
Single Strength Glass standard.
Warranty kind of weak-no labor from Amsco
I posted the question in the rhetorical.

CC also sells a wonderful little product called Silverline. Great stuff there.... :roll:

clear choice usa of dc

#15 Post by clear choice usa of dc »

you sure have alot of bad thing to say about our company but yes silverline is a product we sell